WAIS-IV – Testing Material
[Written by Nina on 03/06/19]
WAIS-IV – Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale – IV (2014, 2. Extended version).
Testing material is GERMAN.
Please ask Nina if you are interested in the manuals/particular test material. She has a scanned non-licensed version and not meant for distribution.
Table of content
- General information
- Testing Material
- Mosaik Test (Block Design)
The WAIS-IV is an IQ test designed to measure intelligence and cognitive ability in adults and older adolescents (years 16-89). The test consists of 15 subtests.. In addition, the subtests are summarised in scales (indices) that reflect the abilities in different cognitive areas (language comprehension, perceptual logical thinking, working memory and processing speed) as well as the general intellectual level of a person (total intelligence quotient). In addition to the index values mentioned above, a General Capability Index (GAI; german: Allgemeiner Fähigkeitsindex – AFI) can be calculated as an optional total value. The AFI can be derived from the sum of the value points of the three sub-tests of the Language Comprehension Index and the three sub-tests of the Perceptual Logical Thinking Index and offers an overall value that is less influenced by working memory and processing speed.
You find the testing material of subtests 2, 3, 6, 9, 11 and 14 in ‘Manual 2 – Durchführung’ and/or ‘Protokollbogen’. The testing material of subtests 1, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13 and 15 are in the respective folder.
- Mosaiktest (Block Design)
- Gemeinsamkeiten finden (Similarities)
- Zahlen nachsprechen (Digit Span)
- Matrizen-Test (Matrix reasoning)
- Wortschatz-Test (Vocabulary)
- Rechnerisches Denken (Arithmetic)
- Symbolsuche (Symbol Search)
- Visuelle Puzzles (Visual Puzzles)
- Allgemeines Wissen (Information)
- Zahlen-Symbol-Test (Coding)
- Buchstaben-Zahlen-Folge (Letter-Number Sequencing)
- Formenwaage (Figure Weights)
- Allgemeines Verständnis (Comprehension)
- Durchstreich-Test (Cancellation)
- Bilder ergänzen (Picture Completion)
Mosaik-Test (Block Design)
In addition to the testing material you need 9 cubes of ~ 2.5 cm3.